Trilogy Aged Care
Trilogy Aged Care

Should I do an Income Assessment?

If you are paid a pension that is means-tested, you will not need to lodge an income assessment form as the Department of Human Services (DHS) or Department of Veteran’s Affairs (DVA) will have sufficient information to work out your eligibility to pay an Income Tested Fee.

If you are paid a pension that is not means-tested or if you are a self-funded retiree, you will need to lodge an Aged Care Fees Income Assessment form with either the DHS or the DVA.

It’s not mandatory to do an Income Assessment, but it should be noted that if you decide not to complete one, you can be asked to pay the maximum income-tested fee.

For home care, the assessment is based on entirely on your income and does not include the value of your home or any other assets.

You can ask for an assessment on the My Aged Care website.

There is also a Fee Estimator on the My Aged Care website, that allows you to generate the approximate fee you may be required to pay if you receive a Home Care Package. You can access the fee estimator here:

Related FAQs

Can I take temporary leave from my Home Care Package?

Read More

How does the payment of a Home Care Package work?

Read More

What services can you access with your Home Care Package?

Read More

What if my needs change over time?

Read More
View all FAQs
Subscribe to our mailing list
Keep up to date with our news and updates
© 2024. Website made with care by Clutch Digital.
envelope-oclosemap-markerphonebarsangle-double-downdot-circle-o linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram