Trilogy Aged Care
Trilogy Aged Care

Will I have to contribute to my Home Care Package?

Is it worth taking a package if I’m a part-pensioner or self-funded retiree? If you are on a full pension you will not be required to make any contribution to your Home Care Package.

However, if you are on a part-pension or a self-funded retiree you may be required to contribute something called the Income Tested Fee to your Home Care Package.

This fee is determined by the government and if it is determined that you are required to pay it, your Provider is required to charge it. The fee is dependent on your financial situation and based off an assessment of your income.

If you are required to contribute to your Home Care Package it is important to do calculations to determine whether or not a Home Care Package is right for you.

It’s advantageous to do your research before being deterred from accepting a package just because you may be charged an Income Tested Fee. Try getting all the facts and figures before making a decision, particularly if you’re eligible for a level 3 or 4 package. With higher-level packages especially, the funding you receive from the government will generally make it worthwhile accepting the package even if you need to pay a fee.

Related FAQs

Can I take temporary leave from my Home Care Package?

Read More

How do I know which Provider is right for me?

Read More

What’s the difference between a Home Care Package and the Commonwealth Home Support Programme?

Read More

What is a Provider? Is there a difference between an ‘Approved Provider’ and a ‘Service Provider’?

Read More
View all FAQs
Subscribe to our mailing list
Keep up to date with our news and updates
© 2024. Website made with care by Clutch Digital.
envelope-oclosemap-markerphonebarsangle-double-downdot-circle-o linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram